Registration and Cancellation:
For an abstract to have been included in the final program, at least one author must have been registered by 23:59 on September 17, 2017.
To have cancelled your registration, written cancellation must have been received by the CSChE no later than Monday, September 11, 2017; a $50.00 administration fee applied. Refunds have not been processed since Monday, September 11.
- Presenters should report to their designated session room 10 minutes before the start of the session to meet the session chair and to have their presentation uploaded to the computer supplied in the session room. The volunteer in the room will upload your presentation for you.
- The Conference will supply PCs equipped with USB ports. Authors must bring their presentation on a USB memory key (flash drive) to the room where their presentation is being given to preload it on the presentation laptop. Authors are free to use their own laptop (PC or Mac) for their presentation, but must ensure compatibility with the LCD projector prior to the start of their session. The computers will be running Windows 7 with MS Office 2013 and the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Presentations should be tested in the Speaker Ready Room (Salon 17) to ensure that they are compatible with the equipment. No other software will be available for authors to use on the supplied computers. In the event that authors wish to run other software, they will need to bring their own laptops for the presentation.
- Please be sure to embed your fonts and graphics properly in your PowerPoint presentation. ?In the past, this was quite straightforward but is less so today. ?Please check to make sure your fonts and graphics are properly embedded and will display correctly in PowerPoint 2013 or Acrobat Reader on a computer in the Speaker Ready Room if you will be using our supplied PC for your presentation.
- English is the official language of the conference. No translation or simultaneous interpretation will be provided. French program books are available for purchase.
Speaker Ready Room
The Speaker Ready Room is in the Shaw Conference Centre, Salon 17 and is equipped with audio-visual equipment to preview your presentation. It is open on the following days and times:
Sunday, October 22: 13:00–17:00
Monday, October 23: 07:00–16:00
Tuesday, October 24: 07:00–16:00
Wednesday, October 25: 07:00–14:00
- Poster boards approximately 1.2 m high by 2.4 m wide (4’ x 8’) will be available Hall C, on the Assembly Level of the Shaw Conference Centre. ?It is now possible for each poster to use one full side of the board; the entire space does not need to be covered.
- The location of your board space will be identified with the poster number found in the program in the Program Book.?
- Once the poster boards are in place (by 09:50 on Monday, October 23), your poster may be installed; they must be installed by 17:30 on Monday. ?They must be removed by 16:00 (end of coffee break) on Tuesday but may be left up until that time for people to visit at their leisure during coffee breaks, etc.
- Appropriate materials (adhesive-backed Velcro? dots) will be provided to allow you to attach your poster to the board; you may not use pins, staples, etc.?
- Presenters are asked to be present during the poster session, Monday, 17:50 – 19:50, to answer questions from visitors (including the judges for the student poster competition) to their poster displays.
- Since a reception is being held in conjunction with the poster session, presenters should get some food and beverage at the beginning of the session.?
- Posters left in the poster area after 16:00 on Tuesday will be discarded.